Saturday 1 March 2014

MARCH



Dear March - Come in

Dear March - Come in -    
How glad I am -
I hoped for you before -
Put down your Hat -           
You must have walked -
How out of Breath you are -             
Dear March, how are you, and the Rest -
Did you leave Nature well -              
Oh March, Come right upstairs with me -
I have so much to tell -

I got your Letter, and the Birds -     
The Maples never knew that you were coming -
I declare - how Red their Faces grew -                  
But March, forgive me -    
And all those Hills you left for me to Hue -    
There was no Purple suitable -         
You took it all with you -            
 
Who knocks? That April -
Lock the Door -
I will not be pursued -
He stayed away a Year to call           
When I am occupied -               
But trifles look so trivial     
As soon as you have come
              
That blame is just as dear as Praise
And Praise as mere as Blame.

Emily Dickinson 

No comments: