Friday 18 July 2014

COMMEMORATING JANE AUSTEN








Jane Austen died this day in 1817.  To remember her I suggest discovering  the "haven"  for all her addicts,  that  is to say the Republic of Pemberly
You might also be interested in  catching a glimpse of Chawton Cottage, now the Jane Austen's House Museum - on its website you can find, among other things, some really beautiful videos. 
Here you can read an interview with Louise West, who is the Curator of the Jane Austen House Museum at Chawton. 
Here are some other videos to enjoy! 




"have lost a treasure, such a Sister, such a friend as never can have been surpassed, she was the sun of my life, the gilder of every pleasure, the soother of every sorrow, I had not a thought concealed from her, & it is as if I had lost a part of myself …”
From Cassandra's letter to Fanny Knight, 20 July 1817

No comments: